Sunday, February 15, 2015

Love is In The Air (and on your plate!)

I love Valentine's Day.  I know people call it a "hallmark holiday" but to me, it represents not only romantic love but the love we have for family and friends.  

Every v-day I try to make one new food to celebrate the occasion, and usually I send out handmade valentine's cards too.  This month my family and I had a lunch to celebrate, and I cooked a love-themed lunch!  

On the menu was: salad, shrimp scampi, rose lemonade, and almond chocolate-dipped strawberries for dessert.

Here's how I made the salad: a valentine's explosion!

First, I used a small cookie cutter to cut hearts out of the cucumber slices.


The cheese was cut into little XO and heart shapes with a mini cutter meant for linzer cookies.  The green pepper slices were easy to make little hearts from with the same cutter-next time I'd use red peppers so they stand out more.  I carved the carrots into little hearts in the method described hereI popped it all in a bowl with some spinach and topped it off with almonds.


Here are both (half eaten!)


 The meal was a huge hit! I hope you had a love-filled v-day like I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments!